Our Early Years Foundation Stage at Wingham Primary School
We plan provision so that:
- All children become confident, independent and enjoy learning and exploring.
- Children develop a strong sense of self while also learning to play, negotiate and co-operate with others.
- Children experience a broad and balanced curriculum reinforced by high quality teaching and learning that meets individual needs.
- We work in partnership with parents so that parents are fully involved as their children’s first educators.
The children are taught and assessed under sections of the EYFS, set out below:
The prime areas of learning:
Communication and Language
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
The specific areas of learning:
Expressive Arts and Design
Understanding the World
The learning characteristics
- Playing and Exploring
- Active Learning
- Creating and Thinking Critically
More information can be found at