Parish records show Wingham has had a school as far back as 1870. Initially, boys and girls shared the same single storey building at the bottom of School Lane. However in September 1930, boys were moved to new premises on the High Street (now Oakfield House), while infants and girls remained at the School Lane site.
Over the years the school adapted to the necessary requirements of the times. One such change was a move to a Second World War Army camp. At first the site was used to house both boys and girls (Juniors), but once the brick buildings had been converted in March 1956, infants were also moved to the site. All age groups were now amalgamated onto the same site.
In September 1992 the school moved into the new building, which was officially opened the following year by H.R.H. Prince Edward.
Children now benefit from a well resourced learning environment which includes a library, good sized hall, a large field, spacious playground, an adventure playground, wildlife garden/outdoor classroom, Reception outdoor learning area and other additional learning spaces. Before and after school child care is provided in our additional hall.
The school is an integral part of the local community and continue to flourish due to our talented and dedicated staff team led by Head of School Emily Douglas.